Most jewel designers create and provide a line of sophisticated and stylish elastic jewels. These accessories have grown and offered a variety of designs, ranging from simple stretch beaded bracelets to intricate bracelet patterns. Fortunately, you can make this accessory on your own. You do not even have to be a professional jewel designer to create this trinket. All you need is your creative mind and the materials needed to make this handmade wristlet.
Making elastic bracelets is the simplest way to have a personalized accessory, and it also needs the fewest materials. You can make a stretchy armlet for kids with an elastic cord and plastic beads. You can also create an elegant one with a clear bead cord and crystalline stones. In this tutorial, however, you will need the following supplies for this project:
Here are the things you must do when making this handmade accessory:
1. Choose your beads and decide how you want to arrange them.
Image Credit: wikihow.com
2. Measure your wrist or the wrist of the recipient of the gift. Cut the cord and add two inches to both ends for a comfortable fit.
3. Place a binding clip or a tape on one side of the string and start threading.
4. Test the fit of your bracelet when the beads reach your desired length. Wrap it around your wrist or use a bracelet sizer to find out if the accessory fits perfectly.
5. Take both ends of the elastic cord and tie them tightly using an overhand knot. Tie a second overhand knot and pull it again. You can also make the surgeon’s knot, as it holds better than an overhand nub. With this binding technique, you only need to tie a knot once.
6. Trim off the ends of the knot and apply a small amount of super glue. Insert the nub through the nearest bead hole or stick it to the closest stone if it does not fit into the hole.
7. Let the glue dry for a couple of hours or a day, depending on the adhesive you are using.
Your handcrafted elastic wristlet is complete! Wear it daily or make more stretch beaded bracelets and give them to your loved ones.